Friday, December 31, 2010

Mr. Whatever You Like pt 3


After my amazing surprise at the spa Mr. WYL and I talked everyday. He was the first man who not only listened to what I was saying but he applied it in our everyday lives. He did his best to anticipate my needs. I loved the way when I mentioned something in passing he really remembered it and used the information for a later date. He would have roses and my favorite cupcakes delivered to my job just because it was Tuesday He was passionate about everything that he did and that was so sexy to me. I had never met a man so sure of himself but at the same time was honestly a nice person.  

I was the happiest I had even been. This man was so amazing and thoughtful. Most people that look that good are conceited or snotty. He was so kind, willing to go above and beyond for anyone. His passion for the Lord was super attractive.  He also had a great relationship with his family especially his mom. (Mama taught him well) I thought to myself Lord what have I done to deserve someone so amazing? Women tried him all the time. I could feel their stares when we were out together. He only had eyes for me and let that be known. I loved the attention and love, yet he still gave me space to be me. He was supportive, told me what I needed to hear not just what I wanted to hear. Mr. WYL was the truth!

We threw parties together, prayed together and went to each others church services and family events. Christmases with him were BIG, he did his best to provide anything my heart desired. For my birthday we went to Vegas and it was one of the most amazing trips of my life. It wasn’t about the material things that he could give me. He gave me so much more, he made me feel loved in a way that no one else ever had. He made me feel like I was the only girl in the world ©Rihanna During the course of the relationship I gained some weight from all the spoiling and wasn’t feeling like my usual self. Mr. WYL went to the gym with me so we could get in shape together, even though he didn’t need to go at all. (read deep V cuts)


I always say the things about someone that you love the most are the things that drive you crazy about them. This was the case with Mr. WYL. He went from TI’s “Whatever You Like” to, “whatever you like” as in Vanessa Bell Calloway’s character in Coming to America. What happened?

 Before where he was assertive he was now passive. Where he used to be well put together, he was now really comfortable and in sweats all the time. What happened to the man I fell in love with? I know people are constantly changing and evolving but this change in him was not for the better as far I was concerned. It seemed like he lost some of his zest for life. Nothing dramatic had changed in his life so I couldn’t understand why the dramatic change in his personality.

It seemed that every thing he did annoyed me. I wanted my man back. His sweetness had gone from honey, that made me feel warm inside to extra sugary like the concoctions that my 6 year old nephew likes to eat.

I couldn’t stand for him to talk to me let alone touch me. I know that he was tired of me turning down his advances but I couldn’t stand the thought of being that close to him. I now sat way on the other side of the couch, and the car rides became more and more silent. Little things like “babe where are my keys?” bothered me as much as when a younger cousin would mimic everything I said. I literally wanted to slap him at times and I’m not a violent person. This man who I thought was the love of my life was now someone that I stayed with a constant curled up lip around. There was almost nothing that I loved about him. The new song that came to mind when I thought of him was Beyonce’s “Next Ex”.

I wished that things could be different. I tried to make it work. Tried to be nice and make suggestions without raising my voice. I couldn’t do it. It wasn’t fair to him to stay when I didn’t love him anymore. All I had was care for him. He knew it was coming, he knew things were changing so when I told him that I couldn’t continue he didn’t put up that much of a fight. I packed the things I had at his house in a box and fought back tears all the way home. It was awkward with our mutual friends, I could be cordial, I didn’t hate him. Granted it stung a little bit when I found out that he was spending quite a bit of time with a girl that everyone including Jesus thought was a downgrade but…he wasn’t mine and frankly I knew I didn’t want him.

I wanted to call him the other day and tell him in the words of Jill Scott that he was just “runnin across my mind” but I left well enough alone. No need drawing up old feelings only to remember why we fell apart in the first place. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment